* ratings are out of 10
|uptime & reliability
|server & connection speed
|technical support & knowledge
|customer service & billing
|price value for money
my experience with Webhero
1) My site was hacked and destroyed while it was on their server and because Webhero's backup was corrupted I had to have a new website built from scratch.
2) All the contact forms from my website were not being delivered because another website on the Webhero's server my website was hosted on had been sending out spam.
3) Pages on my website loaded slow - to point of timing out at certain times of the day. I had to find out from customer complaints, then have my webmaster measure the loading times and report this to Webhero. This was a recurring problem. Each time it cost me a lot of time and money, and frustration.
Webhero's server was the weak link in my operation. In desperation I started a new website with a new domain name on Google's blogger - don't laugh - IT WORKS! - and have the domain redirecting to it.
But they got me one more time!
4) They automatically renewed my account more than half a year after I stopped using it.
I called as soon as it showed up on my bank statement - turns out they have a policy that you have to cancel 15 days BEFORE its time to renew or they charge you for another year. So I got stuck paying for another year!
5) Then, this year - more than 15 days ahead I started trying to cancel.
They make it very difficult. After more than 30 minutes of trying to figure it out I had to call tech support to walk me through the cancellation process.
What is good about Webhero is the availability of good articulate and knowledgeable technical support people. I give them that. They were always courteous and professional. Unfortunately, I wasnít always a good person to work with because I was so frustrated by the time I got through and I apologize for that.
If you are a lonely person with a website you donít really care about, I recommend hosting it on Webhero and get to know their friendly and helpful tech support team.
Biggest Pro: Good tech support people
Biggest Con: overcrowded servers, slow to make corrections when there is a problem