* ratings are out of 10
|uptime & reliability
|server & connection speed
|technical support & knowledge
|customer service & billing
|price value for money
Scottdale Hosting is cheap but so is the support
I saw the Scottdale Hosting ads on ebay. I have been seraching for cheaper hsoting for my sites for a year. I purchased the $1.99 a month package.
Initail setup is easy and qucik.
One week after starting my service, they had a power outage and my sites were down for 2 days. That is when I found out the following issues as well:
1. Theire uptime guarantee is worthless. I lost 2 days of activity.
2. Their online live support shows active but there is always 1 person in the queue and you will never chat wiht a live person
3. They do not answer their phone nor return messages.
4. They do not answer support ticket emails nor retrun emails.
5. They cannot help you if you are having an issue with your site or with your installations like joomla
I got what I paid for which was hosting that was there unless I needed something.. I submitted a ticket to close my account due to lack of customer service. They closed it but never sent me an email and I do not know what happened to my data that was there. I have not recieved my money back as was guaranteed in their promotion either.
They sell quite a few of these packages on Ebay and they btetter get their act together.
Right now it seems like a .99 cent host will buy you a host buy no customer service.
Biggest Pro: Extremely cheap hosting
Biggest Con: No customer support option available at any time